Friday, August 22, 2014

I live in a place where I can BIKE to a castle


First off. This picture. I really wanted a picture with this castle, but I'm not super fond of close up selfies, and this view is too wow for the majority of it being taken up by my face. So timer it was. However, this was tricky and I spent a good time trying to figure out how to make my phone stay. 

Meanwhile...

It looks like this is in some magical secluded forest, but it's actually in a main intersection of Ahrensburg - so cool that this awesome building built in the 1500's is just part of someone's drive to work. This also means that LOTS of people witnessed me messing around with this. One tourist took a picture of me trying to take a picture of myself. That's how ridiculous I looked. And in the end, the grass was in the way of my face, but I didn't want to attempt another one. It was worth it having this picture just for how incompetent I looked doing it.

The rest of these beauties were part of the view that me, my bike and my ukelele had while exploring. I'm not sure why I brought my uke to the castle, but part of me felt like it just needed the opportunity of seeing more places than just my bedroom and the park, having come all that long way in my luggage and all. So to the castle it came. Or to the Scloss it came, as it is called in German.

Hello Schloss Ahrensburg. You are lovely.







No comments:

Post a Comment