Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Change & Compassion

A man hit the open button on the trax door and then got out at the opposite end of the train. I saw it on my way to work the other day. I was confused by it at first and then I realized he saw a person with their hands full trying to get a bike on the train. He was helping him: a small gesture.

Those are sometimes the sweetest.

I carelessly left my phone on the train on my way to work last week. I didn't even notice it was gone, but someone else did. I didn't lock it. I probably had my bank account logged in somewhere on there. It was a perfectly good phone. She had access to the whole phone.  She could have used it or used me. Instead she went to a lot of efforts to get it back where it belonged.

A text came at just the right time.

A huge full moon greeted me when I stepped off the train from work the other night.

I got invited to an activity.

My sisters and family fed me dinner.

The list could go on and on and on.

I guess my point, if I even actually have one, is that there have been a lot of changes for me this past month, and they haven't all been bad and they haven't all been good, but changes often highlight good things in the world to me.

Compassion is easiest for me to see at times like these. Possibly it's because I am most sensitive to it and never more grateful. Maybe that's why we go through changes so often.
I don't know why this blog so often acts as a place for me to dump my feelings when they feel most sensitive, but for some reason it helps. Writing has gotten me through some deep feelings. I've had a lot of those lately, but mostly I've felt a deep sense of hope.

Overall, that's probably what I'm most grateful for.



7 comments: