Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Today it happened

A few weeks ago this happened.



And I've since been anticipating its coming. Today it did.

The school homesickness.
I love school. 
The past few days I have been still pretending to be a college student. It's all been very fun. This mostly means I have gone to the first day of classes with Luke for the first two days, and done other normal college life activities like devo and yoga and hanging out in the library. In that sense I haven't missed out too much on the social part of it.

But today I was walking through the tutoring center when finally it hit me.
Students were teaching each other different aspects of all different topics and I had to laugh at myself because I realized I really missed homework. And classes. And even though I'm excited for my future and I know there are good things to come, a part of me wished I was a freshman starting it all over again. College was such a ride. It is the one time in my life when I never wanted to be doing anything else other than what I was doing. 

But! This post is going to be dedicated to some fun things that happened in my final semester at BYU-I. In lovely picture form.

#1. Having auto class with Daylyn. We were both so excited for this class. It would have ended up being a great disappointment of a class except we were in it together which meant a guaranteed hour of giggling with Daylyn. And taking sneaky pictures of her in class. She took sneaky pictures of my occasional naps in class.

#2. This awesome group I worked with to try to earn $200 dollars of grant money for a Non-profit organization. They became dear friends, and it was something that started out as a school assignment, but has ended up being one of the rich experiences of my education. We won the grant money and this picture is us giving Anne of The Haven (a very cool homeless shelter in IF) the check. It was a great day. 

#3. My cutie roommates. I left Royal Crest and my best friends to move in with 4 girls I had only met once, because it felt right. It was a wonderful decision. These girls had huge hearts and they taught me a lot. Also I will miss the wonderful tininess of Amber. Here we are comparing hand sizes.


#4. Adventures with Daylyn. It's amazing that in only a year she has become one of my best friends, but some people are just that way. This semester we didn't get to room together so we made sure to have some adventures together including this cross country day in Yellowstone. 

#5. And I don't have much to say about this picture except that it just makes me happy. Graduation day was a really good day full of friends and family. BYU-I I love you!

6 comments: