Monday, September 1, 2014

Back when I met Berlin


Here's a little take back to the first week of my German life. This seems like a long time ago, but here is BERLIN! It was the perfect way to start my trip. Also, I loved Berlin. If I was a German, single person I would live in Berlin. Above you will see a huge restoration of the Pergamon temple inside of the Pergamon museum. 

It was amazing. There was a whole building inside of this building. 

In general, it was a really cool museum. My favorite was the gate of babylon. It's that beautiful blue huge gate I am standing next too. Old things fascinate me. 

I went their with Ana - the niece of the family I am now staying with. I love Ana. She is a very warm person and was my first introduction really to german culture. Oh, and her English is amazing. She sounds british. She helped me learn how to work German trains, the word for excuse me, had me try my first german pastries and was a good friend to me.

Ah Berlin, I love you.

Memorial for jewish victims of WWII

Museum Island behind us. This lady taking the picture really struggled. Like I thought she was going to faint as she was taking it, so we didn't have her take another one. 

Let's also acknowledge how much like a missionary I look in these pictures. Yikes. But my excuse is that it was SO HOT. I really didn't know I could sweat so much as I did in Berlin. 

Boat ride view of Berlin on the Spree. I also took an unintentional little nap here and hit my head on that pole as my head dropped.


Ritter Sport store. You could make your own flavor of Ritter Sport. So good. 


The parliment building from the bottom and then the dome on the top.



Ana walking down the spiral of the Reichstag (government building) dome.

Brandenburg gate! We went for this walk one night and we turned the corner there is was! The Brandenburg Gate! We had already seen it, but it was so beautiful in the night.


Schloss Charlottenburg. This huge, lovely castle. My first castle that I saw in Germany.

Oh German Chocolate, you might be the death of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment